Cirka 400 grams paneer (one package)
200 grams potatoes
4 tbsp yellow onion
2 tbsp ginger
100 grams of cashew
20-30 grams of shelled pumpkin seeds
2 whole cardamom
1 tsp whole cumin
0,5 tsp garam amsala
- Make a cashew paste with the cashews, shelled pumpkin seeds and chili.
- Cut paneer and potatoes in 1x1 cm cubes. Finely chop onion and ginger.
- Fry the paneer with a little bit of salt in sunflower oil. Fry it until it is golden, then transfer it to a plate.
- In the remaining hot oil, temper one bayleaf, 2 whole cardamom and one tsp whole cumin. After they infuse their smell in the oil, add the onion and ginger. Sauté for three minutes. Then add the potatoes. Keep frying for five to six minutes. Add 0,5 tsp of garam masala. Wait until the raw smell of the spices are gone, then add the cashew paste. Keep adding water so it does not stick to the bottom of pan. Add salt to taste and generous amount of sugar.
- Add the fried paneer. Wait until the potato is soft. Add a tsp of ghee and then it is ready to serve.